Monday, January 23, 2012

Stampin' Up! "My Way"

My most favorite thing about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is that I can run my business "My Way".  It has allowed me to hold workshops, classes and clubs in a way that fits into my family schedule.  I have had the flexibility to slow down my business when things got busy at home.  I even stopped for the last couple months while renovating my home.
I am ready to hit the cardstock hard now and went to Leadership Conference in San Antonio last week to help me gain some new ideas on how to enhance my business.

Each year Stampin' Up! selects a theme for their conferences.  This years theme is "My Way".  Focusing on the ability of each demonstrator to run their business in a way that suits him/her.  In the spirit of doing it "My Way" they gave demonstrators a wide selection of classes to attend.  I chose some great ones.  
First, after the opening group session was "Sharing the Stampin' Up! Opportunity" with Brian Pilling.  He gave all of us some things to think about when it comes to the relationships we develop with our customers.  Especially some thoughts to what things our future downline demonstrators are most concerned about when deciding to join Stampin' Up! and how we can ease the fears when starting a new business.
On the second full day I attended three classes.  Before lunch I had "Retaining and Engaging your Downline" with  Donna Griffith and Patsy Waggoner.  Patsy was so inspiring.  She told us "Her Way" of building her downline group to meet a personal goal of hers.  I can't wait to start implementing some of her ideas for recognition, training and simply enjoying stamping with my downline.
After lunch I went to "Coaching for Performance" with Natalie White and Jim Pitt.  I found this to be one of the most helpful sessions.  I have been a demonstrator for 6 years now.  I know what types of classes and workshops I enjoy doing the most.  But what works for me may not work for someone else.  Natalie and Jim helped us to work with our downline to see what they want the most out of this business and how to coach them to achieve their goals.
Before our final group session I attended one last class with Carrie Cudney titled "Why Women Buy".  This was a great way to end classes.  I found it entertaining to look at the way the female race determines what we buy.  She had several books for us to consider reading.  My Nook will be getting a workout soon.  I picked up a few tips from her already and plan to look more carefully at the products I group together for my next workshop.
There were many wonderful things about Leadership conference.  I will share those another day.  Before then how about I share the fantastic bag they gave us to carry all of our things in.  Demonstrators are so lucky to be associated with this fantastic company.  Who wouldn't love to get this bag?  The lower section is even reversable.  Sorry, you can't have mine, but contact me and I will be more than happy to help you develop a business with Stampin' Up! so you can attend Leadership next year.  The best part, you can do it "Your Way".

No comments :